Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Project Stair

Yesterday, I started what I thought would be a medium size project.  I wanted to rip the rug off our stairs going from our finished basement to our upstairs living area.  I knew there was hardwood under the rug, just wasn't sure what condition it would be in.  This is me at the beginning, very excited.



I was happy to see that the hardwood underneath looked just as good as the hardwood on the side of the steps. My hubby on the other hand wasn't happy about the spontaneous project. And after 20 minutes or so, I realized that this is going to be a very time consuming and labor intensive project.  Pulling up the rug isn't too bad, just requires a little muscle.  The time consuming and frustrating part is pulling up the 50 plus staples per step with pliers. No fun.


In two days, I've only tackled 3 steps and I don't think my hands can handle another one.  Hopefully, the Mr. will step in and save the day, because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.


These babies are going to look good once they are nakey!

I'll end this post with something Christmassy and pretty, the shelves at the end of the stairs decorated for the first time for Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky it's hardwood! It will be so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stairs are beautiful. Why would anyone cover those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stef! They will look great.

    -Tania

    ReplyDelete