Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bamboo Shades

Our bedroom has been shadeless for several months since we took down the broken blinds that came with the house.  At first I considered leaving the windows naked with just the curtain panels.  But after living with it for a bit, I realized another layer would look nice. I've wanted to incorporate bamboo shades somewhere, so I went for it.  I ordered these on Overstock after seeing them suggested in Better Homes and Gardens.

 
 
Before the blinds went up, the window looked like this.  This is the only picture I could find, forgot to take the before pic!
 
 
This is midway through installation, excuse the blurry iPhone picture.  Although I didn't do much of the installing, except for handing over a nail or screwdriver, the process was pretty simple.  So simple that we didn't even look at the install instructions.
 
 
 
And here is the final look.  I love the texture it adds to the room. 
 

 
 
They have a bit of a blue/green color in them that didn't show on the Overstock site.  However, thankfully I have those colors in this room so they work.  These shades also come in a darker bamboo, which I may order for our guest room. Overall, I am very happy with these shades: good price, pretty, and easy to install.  Anyone have any other suggestions for good bamboo shades?
 



1 comment:

  1. Hi, these look really nice. I like bamboo shades. They add so much to the window. And the curtains are very nice also. I like the color.

    ReplyDelete